Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't Access Partitions From Other Computers (Win7)  (Read 2617 times)

IdoSC

Can't Access Partitions From Other Computers (Win7)
« on: March 28, 2010, 02:43:14 PM »
Hello guys, I have a question about Windows 7's network.
I really can't stand this operation system, but my sister just bought a new laptop with Windows 7 Starter so I'll avoid formatting because it'd just cause problems.

So, my sister wanted me to allow her stationary computer to edit and read files in the new Laptop (the stationary computer has Windows 7 Ultimate installed). I made sure both computers are connected to our workgroup, although I avoid using these new "homegroups" (most of our computers are using Windows XP).
Then I went to Partition D's properties (in the laptop), allowed sharing and editted the permission of "Everyone" to allow reading and editting.
I also made sure all the options in the Network and Sharing center allow all the file sharing modifications needed.

Apparently the laptop can access both the stationary computer of my sister and mine (which has XP on it). I remember I was the one who fixed all the sharing issues with her stationary computer but I completely forgot what have I done. If you need Screenshots the Laptop's configs I can give you those, and if not, can anyone please tell me what to do so other computers in the workgroup can read, and then edit filed on my sister's laptops?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: By the way, there are 3 objects appearing when I view the Laptop through the network: "Users" folder, Partition C and Partition D. I can access Users folder. Can't do so to the others...that's the whole problem XD