Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Start up problem.  (Read 2200 times)

ThatGuy82

Start up problem.
« on: April 10, 2010, 10:34:34 AM »
Ok, so I start my computer and it goes to the Boot up page with all the options for Bios, Diagnostics, etc...

After that the screen goes black and a portion of the icon in the upper left corner shows up and it just stops.

If I turn off the computer and restart it, it wont even recognize the video card.  I have to wait 20+ minutes before it will even let me see the boot up page again.  It will let me go to BIOS and play with the settings there, but any of the other options just send it to this... crash?

I recently moved and sent my computer to myself via FedEx.  It was properly packaged, though I am sure the box got jostled around but I cannot find anything inside out of place.

I am about 80% sure that there is nothing wrong with the Hard Drive, because I can hear it spinning and is making no unusual sounds.

Any help out there!?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Start up problem.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 08:29:06 AM »
Power down and unplug all power sources.
Open a side panel and remove and re-seat all components...RAM, vid card, sound card etc,
Unplug and re-plug all data cables that connect to HDD's and optical drives.

As usual take anti-static precautions.

Re-connect everything and power up...

Best of Luck
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "