Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Forum time is wrong for non-US users  (Read 2210 times)

Salmon Trout

Forum time is wrong for non-US users
« on: March 11, 2012, 09:32:22 AM »
I see that the displayed time of my posts is 1 hour ahead of my local time. I know that many parts of the US and possessions (not Arizona, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, U.S. Virgin Islands and American Samoa) went over to Daylight Time this weekend. However, in most of Europe we won't do so until 01:00 UTC on March 25th. Belarus, Iceland and Russia don't change clocks. So I have to adjust my forum time setting twice this month.

Most (not all) areas of North America and Europe observe daylight saving time. South America is mixed, with most countries in the warmer north of the continent near the equator not observing DST, while Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay and parts of southern Brazil do. Oceania is also mixed, with New Zealand and parts of southern Australia observing DST. Most areas of Africa and Asia do not observe it.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Forum time is wrong for non-US users
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 12:00:45 PM »
You can change the Time Offset in your profile settings. But other than doing that I'm not exactly sure offhand how to fix this with the current forum configuration.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein