Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: electrical prob  (Read 4214 times)

shouvik

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Computer Hope - Always For Your Help
    electrical prob
    « on: September 25, 2005, 06:38:26 PM »
    My Pc's plug, which is attached to the socket at the
    main electric board, makes sound sometimes, specially when i start my PC by pressing the switch.

At that time my tubelight goes off and returns back instantly,.

is it going to harm my PC? Is it going to harm the motherboard.

this is occurring for a few days.

GX1_Man

Re: electrical prob
    « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 06:52:52 PM »
    This doesn't sound good. Assume YES.

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 06:55:55 PM »
    no harm ........to hard to explain.........at the moment......is the pc running ok.......is so......then dont worry......

shouvik

Topic Starter

Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 07:40:46 PM »
      Merlin:

PC is running ok.

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
        « Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 09:19:13 PM »
        This doesn't sound good. Assume YES.

I agree. A properly functioning electrical connection should NOT be making noises. What kind of noise is it making?
        « Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 09:21:05 PM by DabbaDoo »
        There’s no limit to what you can achieve if you don’t mind who gets the credit.

shouvik

Topic Starter

Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 09:50:07 PM »
          It is making cracking sound as if there is a friction and burning. After sometimes it stops.

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
            « Reply #6 on: September 25, 2005, 09:56:21 PM »
            And exactly where is the sound coming from? The computer? The wall socket? (I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say the main electric board).

shouvik

Topic Starter

Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2005, 10:03:44 PM »
              By main electric board i mean to say the board that is in my room. It is not the board that is supplying to all the
              rooms of my flat.

The sound is not coming from the computer but from the wall socket where i have inserted the main plug of my pc.

main plug is the plug which carries the connecton to the muti plugger system.

In this multi plugger system i connect my all plugs such as plugs from monitor, system unit, printer etc.

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
                « Reply #8 on: September 25, 2005, 10:16:28 PM »
                The sound is ... coming ... from the wall socket

Unplug the computer and call the landlord. You have a bad socket and a fire hazard.

shouvik

Topic Starter

Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2005, 10:32:05 PM »
                  [size=16]This is ownership flat. I already called an electrician and he checked all and then replaced the connection wire in the main electric board with thicker wire.

He said that whenever i am opening my computer there is excessive load on the main wire from the main electric board and this may have been worsen due to heavy rain recently. The walls have become damped.

The situation is this:

there is two room between my room and the main electric board ( the main electric board is at the entrance of the flat.)

the wires comes like this. From the main electric board to the first room,

from first room to the second room,

from second room to my room.

What the elctrician has done is to change the wring between the main electric board and the first room.

He told that every other connection is OK but still the problem is occuring.[/size]

[/color]

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
                    « Reply #10 on: September 25, 2005, 11:17:59 PM »
                    You obviously have some issues with your living conditions. Until they're settled, plug your PC in at your own peril.  

If you can overload your building's electrical system by turning on your computer, even after the problem has supposedly been "fixed", somebody needs to be notified. Either the electrician for a second visit, or the local authorities to conduct an inspection.

GX1_Man

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2005, 11:30:26 PM »
                    It is making cracking sound as if there is a friction and burning. After sometimes it stops.

Get a fire extinguisher of the appropriate type. Water is not good for electrical fires, which you are getting ready to have. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Fed

• Sage
                      • Experience: Experienced
                      « Reply #12 on: September 25, 2005, 11:48:52 PM »
                      The high inrush current of the PSU is causing the high resistance joint in the power outlet to break down.
                      Get it fixed.
                      (Beat you to it DL65  :D)

Raptor

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 06:26:46 AM »
                      no harm ........to hard to explain.........at the moment......is the pc running ok.......is so......then dont worry......

There's smoke and fire coming from your wall outlet, but because its a little hard to explain at the moment he should ignore it?

Unplug the computer and call the landlord. You have a bad socket and a fire hazard.

Not according to Merlin. Apparently, all of Merlins wall sockets make strange sounds and produce smoke on a daily basis.

Call the CDC, stupid really is contagious.

merlin_2

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 06:11:02 PM »
                      It would blow the fuse........if it had the correct one fitted......or blow the psu...........

The statment quoted is untrue......i never said this and is twisted as usual......by someone trying to be big nd never will be........small minded........and a

Not according to Merlin. Apparently, all of Merlins wall sockets make strange sounds and produce smoke on a daily basis.