Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: iomega back up  (Read 4199 times)

effieacct

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    iomega back up
    « on: March 24, 2014, 09:46:31 AM »
    For some reason, I cannot access the window/cell that will activate a back up.  Nor can I now find the window/cell that shows prior back up history.   The drive is showing as recognized and the blue light indicates the device is working.  You can see the device when you go to the "computer" screen and it shows how much memory is left but I can no longer see any back up history or the choice to start a back up.  Can you help?
    I now have Windows 7, not Windows XP as indicated on the forum

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: iomega back up
    « Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 10:23:59 AM »
    What type of Iomega drive is this ? ?

Did you install Win7 drivers (if available) for it ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

effieacct

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 11:12:30 AM »
      Its a "Select Desktop Hard Drive USB 2.0"
      When I bought the unit three years ago when I bought the computer, I did install the drivers.  It had been working but it just is no longer showing an option to start a backup or the window that shows the prior back ups.   It only shows the backups from 2011

Lisa_maree

Mentor
      • My first real computer
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 07:23:44 PM »
      Hi

From the description it would seem you are using Iomega backup software, from the text it looks like you used Windows XP backup. Are you looking for the same backup program in Windows 7. If so what version of Windows 7 are you using, in some versions it was included others you need to download it for free from Microsoft.

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
      ― John Bunyan