Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: WiFi, modems, etc.  (Read 2256 times)

BellaUSA

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    WiFi, modems, etc.
    « on: February 29, 2016, 01:27:45 PM »
    I'm considering splitting up my p.c, tv,  internet, phone services. How do I go about the other devices I need to connect  The modems, wifi, whatever ! I have one pc, 2 tvs. & phones. Do I buy these devices, & where ? The cable companies charge a lot to rent. If I buy, what info do I need to buy the right device ? Thanks !   ???

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: WiFi, modems, etc.
    « Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 03:14:01 PM »
    You need to be clear about what your want to do. All telecommunications systems  for use in a urban area come under the control of commercial and government groups.

Now it you are out in a rural area away from services, you have to get your own electricity and get a satellite telephone system. Not cheap.

But if you are in the city, you have to go with either a cable company or a cell phone company and pay what thy ask.

Nowadays the TV cables companies and the Cell phone companies are working together and they control the market. With a few exceptions.

There are a number of small cell phone operators that can offer phone and internet at a bargain price. But no TV.

If you want all three, expect to pay over $100 per month in much of the USA. And if you get it for $100 a month, it is a fair price.  :)