Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I need a Windows XP replacement CD  (Read 2080 times)

stumble

Topic Starter

Beginner

• me(mother) and my daughter (left)
  • Experience: Experienced
I need a Windows XP replacement CD
« on: January 17, 2006, 05:09:51 AM »
[size=14]When I took my windows XP home upgrade CD to the computer shop for installation on my new hard drive the CD broke.  Is ther an option to mail Microsift a piece of the broken CD they might send me a replacement?  

They loaded a new XP Home from one they bought using my number and it keeps crashing.  I can't reload windows or run scannow /sfc because I have no CD.[/size]
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 05:12:11 AM by ischemic »

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: I need a Windows XP replacement CD
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 09:50:31 AM »
Try the below link. It contains all the information you need to replace Microsoft products including a Microsoft Windows XP CD.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;326246
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

stumble

Topic Starter

Beginner

• me(mother) and my daughter (left)
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: I need a Windows XP replacement CD
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 11:16:51 AM »
Thank you - I called, gave them some numbers from my CD folder and $29.96 and they are sending me a new CD.  I guess I shoudl memtion this cost to the computer shop people who broke my original.  I have to take my computer back again today because when I boot it up Windows goes into an unending reboot cycle.   It may have somethng to do with my CD code being used with their new CD.

Sandy