Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer freezing randomly even after reinstall.  (Read 3116 times)

nessein

Topic Starter

• https://liteblue.onl/
  • Experience: Beginner
Computer freezing randomly even after reinstall.
« on: January 20, 2020, 07:51:24 PM »
So on May 1st, Microsoft forced an update that apparently added a bunch of features and ended up causing my computer to freeze soon after restart and after troubleshooting straight up crash at the login screen.

Needless to say, I reinstalled the OS with the option that keeps your files and went about my business, reinstalled all my stuff and downloaded files from my back up.

Then a day later I had the same issue again. I installed Malwarebytes, CCleaner, did scannow, did a bunch of maintenance and again I had a couple of days of this not being an issue.

Now it's started up again with more and more frequency, and I'm afraid it might be a hardware issue. for a stint I thought it had to do with Discord which seemed to exacerbate the issue until I turned the accelerate hardware option off, but then the client ran like *censored* and it crashed when running a video in the client.

Now it's doing it without Discord open, with the second to last time happening when Firefox was running a video, at which point I unplugged my old external and ran check disk on my SSD and HDD, and the last time it happened right after I ran the check disk on the HDD and opened CrystalDisk. The only thing I think these things have in common is that they were working hard resource-wise, which doesn't really narrow anything down.

I'm scared, I lost my place in the Camp Fire half a year back and this machine is one of the few things I was able to save. It has become my main source of income as I do drawings and data entry freelance while trying to find work in a flooded job market. I cannot afford replacement parts.

I'm hesitant to do anything more than Paint Tool Sai and Microsoft on here at this point because I'm concerned that the next crash will be my last. I appreciate any help in trying to figure this out.