Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Puran  (Read 8627 times)

El_baz75

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
    Puran
    « on: May 12, 2021, 08:19:39 AM »
    I have an issue concerning Puran file recovery.

I wish to recover data which was on a partition on an external drive, which has since been deleted. When set to deep and full scan there's no problem. When set to deep and full scan & find lost files, the progam runs for awhile and then shuts down.   

Any ideas

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Puran
    « Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 05:30:07 PM »
    Hi

The USB drive is probably sick. I would first check the drives health with HDsentinel if it is showing bad sectors then you should use software which can deal with this.
    Or not run any software on the drive until you have a raw copy to carryout the recovery on.
    Can you run the HD sentinel test and post a scene shot of the health further advice.

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

El_baz75

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 01:02:53 AM »
      Hi

The USB drive is probably sick. I would first check the drives health with HDsentinel if it is showing bad sectors then you should use software which can deal with this.
      Or not run any software on the drive until you have a raw copy to carryout the recovery on.
      Can you run the HD sentinel test and post a scene shot of the health further advice.

It's not a USB disc, I'm using a 500GB external did drive. All software on the drive is fine.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
      • My first real computer
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 01:18:42 AM »
      Dear El_baz75

The reason to check the hard drive health regardless of whether the drive is usb or not is to check the drive is healthy enough to support running Puran. If it checks out 100% health then it is not as I suspect that Windows 10 is dropping the drive off line because of poor health. You asked why you couldn't run Puran over the drive. I'm asking you to check the drives health, this is something you should do before running any data recovery software. What the test shows helps in deciding how best to carryout the recovery.

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
      ― John Bunyan

El_baz75

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 03:16:43 AM »
        Dear El_baz75

The reason to check the hard drive health regardless of whether the drive is usb or not is to check the drive is healthy enough to support running Puran. If it checks out 100% health then it is not as I suspect that Windows 10 is dropping the drive off line because of poor health. You asked why you couldn't run Puran over the drive. I'm asking you to check the drives health, this is something you should do before running any data recovery software. What the test shows helps in deciding how best to carryout the recovery.

Thank you. Could you please advise me as to how I check the drive.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
        • My first real computer
          • Yes
        « Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 04:17:49 PM »
        Hi

As I said on the post of 12 May 2021, 17:30:07

To run Hd sentinel from here https://www.hdsentinel.com/

The post the screen shot of the first screen with the health.
        ― John Bunyan

El_baz75

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2021, 01:49:45 PM »
          Thanks Lisa_maree I'll give it a try.