Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: just got back from iraq  (Read 2729 times)

tvarmy04

just got back from iraq
« on: January 30, 2006, 03:21:58 PM »
hey i recently just got back from iraq and while unpacking all my computer stuff from storage i went to turn my computer on and i dont have any sound, now i am somewhat knowledgable with computers and ive tried everything i can think of (uninstalling my soundblaser, uninstalling the on board sound , removing the soundblaster, and completly taking apart my whole computer. when i went to put everythng 2gether the computer read taht i had the soundcard and it went straight to the installing screen but when i started to install the driver half way through i got a warning message saying that the soundcard was not detected. in the device manager i keep getting the conflicting icon for the onboard sound. o yea the only sounds i get are from the computer itself. someone please help thanks.

ted v.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: just got back from iraq
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 03:23:59 PM »
Did you make any changes before you turned on the computer this time? I SOLUTE YOU!  ;D

Flame

tvarmy04

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 03:39:32 PM »
no all i did was uninstall the on board sound and the creative soundblaster.... ive tried installing it on all 4 pci slots and it comes up with the same message everytime i trye to install the hardware (setup cannon detect soundcard)

tvarmy04

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 03:40:14 PM »
o yea my aim sn is 'linkinone420' so if anyone can chime in on this just message me my sn stays online all the time

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 05:02:16 PM »
Make sure the onboard sound is disabled in the BIOS, and then remove all sound cards from Device Manager and reboot.

Thank you for your service to your country and the world.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 05:03:21 PM by GX1_Man »

tvarmy04

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 11:59:26 AM »
MAN THIS FORUM IS GREAT!! it turns out that i 4got to disable to onboard sound fromthe bios so yea i got sound again whew** anyways now every once in a while the comp will just competely restart on its own..i did a windows report and it said i had to install the driver which im trying but im still getting that message about not detecting the sound card...i mean im gettin sound from the soundcard and its detecting 2 diff ones in the device manager (creative SB live!gameport & creative SB live! WDM) do i leave both runnin or do i disable one of  them? i play online games alot so im thinkin the gameport one has to stay....

tvarmy04

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 06:40:40 PM »
maaaan sound just took a s*h*i*t again?!?@!@ they were workin for a bout a week then all of a sudden 2day just the center channel speaker was workin now none of it is working???  o yea on another note i notice that when i restsart my comp and while its bootin up it sounds like either hte HD or somthin inside the comp makes a scraping noise or somthin

tvarmy04

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 07:35:08 PM »
heeeeeeeeeelp me! at this point im tempted to just startin buying a new computer but i dont know wats bad and wats not i.e. MOBO's...