Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP Pavilion ZT1170 keyboard  (Read 2713 times)

Fletch

HP Pavilion ZT1170 keyboard
« on: August 03, 2006, 06:51:23 PM »
Laptop problem #4.  Something happening more and more frequently is that certain keys on my keyboard will stop responding.  They are always the same keys as far as I can tell.  One is "e", one is the right hand shift, and another is the up arrow.  I will be typing something and notice that certain letters aren't appearing for some reason.  When I get frustrated and press the key a little more forcefully e's shoot across the screen and all of the formerly dysfunctional keys come back on.  Is it time to get a new laptop?

GX1_Man

Re: HP Pavilion ZT1170 keyboard
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 07:04:19 PM »
Is the machine under warranty? Do we get any clues about it? Do you have a real Windows CD to solve all of these problems assuming it is not hardware?

rrsg1

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 07:12:52 PM »
Man , this is the laptop from *censored*,,lol  personally i would start fresh, wipe everything out and start over. but if you dont want to go thru drastic measures, have you tried doing a system restore ? I forget, did you buy this system new ? I havent seen this many woes with a system at one time before.

Fletch

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 08:24:30 PM »
My laptop is well out of warrantee.  I still have the restore disks, but I have restored it before and the problem still comes up.  

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 08:26:47 PM »
To the shop or to eBay. That's the only solution I see.

Fletch

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 08:31:07 PM »
I figured so, just wanted to see if anybody had heard of any solutions.  Thanks anyway.