Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: guildwars  (Read 3623 times)

darmil

guildwars
« on: August 15, 2006, 07:15:46 PM »
Hi I'm having a problem with guildwars.It won't let me install it.just says to play not install.Can anybody help? comp specs...amd thalon 64 x2 2ghz, 2GB RAM, nvidia 7600GT 256mb ,asus a8n-e mobo.Also wont let me download certain programs I get this message corrupted cabinet file.I just built this computer.HELP please any info would be awesome.

GX1_Man

Re: guildwars
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 07:24:18 PM »
Is this a real Windows CD?  A real game CD or some downloaded thing?

darmil

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 08:01:15 PM »
Both are real cds I get this error while trying to install guildwars.The application failed to initalize properly(0xc0000005).

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    « Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 06:28:38 AM »
    For GX1_Man's information, Guild Wars is one of those online role playing games that you can either buy the install CDs for, or buy and download it online, both are legal ways.

I'm assuming darmil is trying to install from the CD version? Please tell us exactly what happens. Does autorun work? Have you tried loading the setup program directly? Have you previously had it installed on this machine? What DOES happen when you click play?

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 04:01:07 PM »
    Sometimes downloads, even legal ones, are corrupted which causes problems.  ;)

darmil

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 08:59:50 PM »
    I just built this machine, I had the same copy on another computer.Yes its from the CD version I'm stumped guys. :-?

Neodudeman

Rookie
      « Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 09:35:02 PM »
      Sometimes downloads, even legal ones, are corrupted which causes problems.  ;)

But in this case, Guild Wars is definitely trustable at all times, since they don't have a monthly subscription, they rely on purchases, and expansion packs, so they make sure everything is absolutely secure, and working properly in all cases.

Darmil, you should check the manufacturer's website. There's a list of supported video cards, and yours may not be one of them. That usually is the case. I know from experience =P