Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows sound recorder  (Read 3751 times)

raar

Windows sound recorder
« on: September 11, 2004, 04:16:47 PM »
I don't how I lost it, but I have, that and the basic Windows games, ie) solitaire, hearts, etc.

I was hoping I could re-download these things from the Microsoft site, but I can't find anything.

I stumbled upon this site and was hoping that someone might know how I could get these back.  I have Windows XP.

Thanks in advance!

Raptor

Re: Windows sound recorder
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2004, 04:27:35 PM »
When did these dissapear? After upgrading Windows from a previous Windows operating system to XP ?

You may have to install them by adding additional Windows components. Either do this from the CD or by using the Add/Remove software menu

raar

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2004, 04:45:04 PM »
Actually, Raptor, I hadn't done any upgrading.  I was worried about a virus, but took all the appropriate actions at that time.  It has been awhile, and have just done without.

My daughter likes the games and recorder and like I said, stumbled upon this site.

As for the cd, do I just pop it in and follow the instructions?  Will I lose anything.  I do remember losing some wp texts and some pics, when I installed XP.
I had thought about it, but was worried about these things.

Sorry for being such a dummy...lol.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2004, 04:09:35 AM »
You can choose to go either to Start -> Settings -> Configuration - (Add/Remove) Software then select the 3rd tab 'Adding or removing Windows  components'

You can select what you wish to install from there.

Or you can do so by inserting the CD and browsing through the Autoplay menu.