Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No executable files will work!!  (Read 1937 times)

pcilliterate79

No executable files will work!!
« on: August 29, 2006, 08:43:01 AM »
Yesterday, I tried to connect to the internet and IExplorer did nothing. It highlighted the icon, but that was all. When I went to check for any Virus' with Norton System works, it said that the "integrator" could not be found? (this does not happen everytime, most of the time nothing happens)Symantec says that for this code;remove and reinstall norton system works....i did that and still not working. I did notice a few things along the way of shutting down and restarting my computer: when started, the desktop looks fine, then I tried to open norton system works. In doing this, none of my programs can be viewed from the "All programs" list from the START button. Also, It causes my icons to disappear from the control panel?

Mind you, I can access the internet only when the computer is started and initated before all of the start-up programs begin....
Please help!!!...

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: No executable files will work!!
    « Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 10:12:45 AM »
    Sounds like you have spyware/virus problems.

You don't say what operating system you're using.  If it's XP, can you go and do a system restore to an earlier date?

If not, boot into SafeMode and run a virus & spyware scan.  You DO have these, right?  Keep them updated and run on a regular basis, right?  ;)

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

GX1_Man

Re: No executable files will work!!
    « Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 03:05:09 PM »
    And do you have a real Windows CD? Which one?