Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my screen size all messed up  (Read 2161 times)

bobqazwsx

my screen size all messed up
« on: March 01, 2007, 03:35:07 PM »
i fooled around with my OSD (on screen display) settings on my monitor panel and now my screen doesn't fit into the monitor right. one side is always off in some way.
is there someplace i can look to find the default settings for it.
it's a flatron 995tf plus, i think 17" (i tryed to measure it from corner to corner but rulers only 12" long grr),i dont know what else to list. pls help

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: my screen size all messed up
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 04:21:15 PM »
i fooled around with my OSD (on screen display) settings on my monitor panel and now my screen doesn't fit into the monitor right. one side is always off in some way.
is there someplace i can look to find the default settings for it.
it's a flatron 995tf plus, i think 17" (i tryed to measure it from corner to corner but rulers only 12" long grr),i dont know what else to list. pls help
All displays should have some type of default or factory setting that can be used. Unfortunately it's different for each monitor so you'd need to consult the documentation to determine how to do that. I tried finding the documenation but for the monitor you listed above I only found online versions that were not free. I believe this is an LG Electronics monitor and you should be able to find a free version on their site, but need to know the model number to get access to it. Once you get the model number try visiting the below link.

http://us.lge.com/products/category/list/tv|audio|video.jhtml
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

bobqazwsx

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 05:39:24 PM »
i cannot find the model number. i did find the model name FB995E - UA.
but it was no help. also i had to go to the LGE canadian site eh.
but i believe i have found 2 possible model numbers for my monitor T910BU and 900B. from this page http://ca.lge.com/en/proddivergent.do?actType=search&categoryId=040101&modelCategoryId=&parentId=04
but i did not see anything about the specific numbers for the OSD from either of them. perhaps you could

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 04:48:55 AM »
Have you tried safemode and last known good configuration ?

LookHere

Scroll down to :Start the computer using last known good configuration.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 04:51:35 AM by street1 »
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

bobqazwsx

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 09:07:17 AM »
yea go me lol. i changed my screen refresh rate from 60 hertz to 85 hertz and the OSD readjusted itself and now fits. "I am so smart! I am so smart!  S M R T i mean S M A R T" homer simpson
thx to those who tryed to help :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 09:08:05 AM by bobqazwsx »