Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Drive fine EXCEPT for one CD-Rom, which plays on other computers but not mine.  (Read 4016 times)

raelraven

Okay, I have to start off with the off-stated, and in my case quite apt admission, that I know absolutely nothing about computers. The problem I'm having is that I purchased a CD-Rom with a bunch of different files on it--PDF, audio, and movies--and the CD doesn't play. Although my computer (run-of-the-mill Dell, running Windows XP) usually handles CDs with no problem, for some reason absolutely nothing happens when I try to play this disk. The good people from whom I purchased the CD sent me a second one (assuming they had misformatted the first one); however, the same problem persists. What makes it even more perplexing is that when I gave it to an IT guy at work today, it opened on his computer immediately. He suggested I upgrade my Adobe at home (which I did today from 7.0 to 8.0) and to upgrade by CD drive. When I try to upgrade my CD drive, I keep getting the message: "Wizard cannot find a better match for your hardware than the software you currently have installed." Any help (in simple sentences please!) would be MOST appreciated!