Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Making my single port modem not just a modem but...  (Read 2568 times)

Raith

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Making my single port modem not just a modem but...
    « on: November 29, 2007, 02:07:41 PM »
    a modem/router...

I have a brand new Westell Model 6100 Modem from Verizon since the last one was defective(Westell 327W), now, I also use a laptop and I cannot be arsed to go into my computer room and hooking up the cable to it, it is ANNOYING, I use my laptop frequently in my bedroom/dining room, as I am a writer.

Now, as far as I know... is it possible to add it with a router, etc? How can I attempt this? I already have a TRENDnet TEW-424UB link, which is a router.

nickc1976

Intermediate

Re: Making my single port modem not just a modem but...
      « Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 02:24:45 AM »
      Are you trying to connect to your adsl router wirelessly? If so, you will need to swap your current adsl router for one which supports wireless.

If you want to connect more than one machine via a wired connection to a single port adsl modem, then you will need a switch.
      http://www.pc-citadel.com - PC and Laptop repairs upgrades and customization

Raith

Topic Starter

Beginner
        Re: Making my single port modem not just a modem but...
        « Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 04:42:03 PM »
        After some research, I need either a router or switch the modem. Thanks. :[