Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows me load error  (Read 2885 times)

tallented1

windows me load error
« on: January 23, 2005, 12:30:11 AM »
ok please do not rib me for not getting rid of windows me  ::)i know it is a big pia and the worst OS out there but i would like to get this one going for my kids i did actually get a new computer with xp for my main computer because i hate ME but here is my problem,I have a hewlet packard running windows me, I started having problems with my dsl and the morons had me change settings that screwed everything up so i have norton go back and tried to go to before but it did not work so i decided to format the hard drive and start from scratch i used the recovery cd and it said hard drive could not be initialized , you may need t f disk well i opened the computer and made sure everything was plugged in tight all seemed ok, i did the f disk and ran the recovery cds they ran fine but on reboot i got a black screen that says load error! press any key to reboot, well when i do that i get the same message. when i did the f disk it did not ask me to type in the volume label and now that spot is blank and when i create the dos partition and it did not ask me to name it and i know that last time i had to do an fdisk i did have to name it. Any ideas?

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: windows me load error
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 09:49:00 AM »
Have you contacted HP about this problem? It sounds like there might be something wrong with the recovery disks...

[glb]Flame[/glb]
« Last Edit: January 23, 2005, 09:49:11 AM by flame »

tallented1

Re: windows me load error
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 06:09:29 AM »
I have not contacted HP the computer is 5 years old so i will get no help from them :( I thought about a bad recovery disk but it has worked before and I pulled out the back up copy i made when i first got the computer and even tried it with the same results.