Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Scarface: The World Is Yours(PC) controls  (Read 23293 times)

Louis

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Scarface: The World Is Yours(PC) controls
    « on: February 25, 2008, 04:42:22 AM »
    I just bought the game on ebay during the week for the PC. What is it with the controls? id rather use the arrow keys to move around the place just like in Grand Theft Auto. In the options it wont let me change the controls, bloody stupid. I have a controller but id rather use the keyboard. Does anyone know how to change the controls? Its W,S,A,D on the keyboard to move around.

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: Scarface: The World Is Yours(PC) controls
      « Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 04:48:58 AM »
      Did you look under the options in the game.  These are the default settings w,s,a,d an you should be able to reasign them to the arrows.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Louis

Topic Starter

Beginner
        « Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 06:09:34 AM »
        Ive tried that but it doesnt work, when im in the keyboard configuration what key do i press to change the movement controls? ive tried all the key on the keyboard it wont let me change the controls  :'( theres not even a mouse cursor too to do it

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 10:41:22 AM »
          Since I never played the game.  I could only tell you to try this.  It seems that some how it was programed this way.  Could you provide you pc info?

1. Click Start menu and select Run.
          2. Type Dxdiag and press Enter key.
          3. DirectX diagnostics tool should now open. System Tab should provide you information regarding Processor and Memory.
          4. Click Display tab to check name of the video card.
          5. Click Sound tab to determine name of the audio device
          Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Louis

Topic Starter

Beginner
            « Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 03:46:38 PM »
            My pc specs are:

windows xp pro SP2
            670mb RDRAM
            pentium 4 1.4ghz
            geforce fx 5200 256mb graphics card
            creative labs soundblaster sound card

Soviet_Genius

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 06:57:10 PM »
            Why do you even want to use the arrows? Pretty much all games nowadays use WSAD for movement.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 04:14:50 AM »
              Try, Customization of the keyboard is possible using a third party Macro program, to change the keys, to different keys, such as a to s and so on, this can be done with a free program called

Autohotkeys - http://www.autohotkey.com/

There are tutorials so on anyways.

Louis

Topic Starter

Beginner
                « Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 11:06:40 AM »
                Why do you even want to use the arrows? Pretty much all games nowadays use WSAD for movement.

To Soviet Genius, i think everybody would use the arrow keys than the WSAD keys,  it makes more sense and its easier to move around 8)

Deerpark

Egghead
                  « Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 11:54:06 AM »
                  No, I think most gamers prefer WSAD nowadays. You have more adjacent keys you can bind to functions.
                  The gaming industry certainly sees it that way, since hardly any games uses the arrow keys for movement by default.
                  Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
                  Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Louis

Topic Starter

Beginner
                    « Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 02:46:36 PM »
                    Hi Deerpark, i dont really get that, i always thought the arrow keys (not the numerical keys) were very common. When i play Medel Of Honor or if i play it online i use the arrow keys to move around, i find it a lot better. Ive been using the arrow keys for games since the late 90's with game such as Quake, Mafia, Medal Of Honor, Operation Flashpoint, Return To Castle Wolfenstein, True Crime, Thief 1,2 and 3 and games like that.

Deerpark

Egghead
                      « Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 03:02:35 PM »
                      Okay a lot of games do actually map the arrow keys as a secondary way of controlling. But all the hot keys are usually mapped around WSAD. This is what I meant by default keys.
                      No offense intended but I have never met or heard of a serious gamer that did use the arrow keys. The simple fact is you only have a few keys around the arrow keys you can reach without moving your whole hand. In comparison there are keys all around the WSAD keys you can reach by just moving a single finger.
                      If you play FPS or similar types of games online (the type of games most likely to map keys to WSAD), the difference in reaction time between having to move your whole hand or just a finger is usually the difference between getting a kill or being killed.
                      Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
                      Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 04:17:17 PM »
                        I use it for halo and I play games when I dont have anything else to do and I set it up to use the arrow keys.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2008, 05:34:10 PM »
                          Try, Customization of the keyboard is possible using a third party Macro program, to change the keys, to different keys, such as a to s and so on, this can be done with a free program called

Auto hotkeys - http://www.auto hotkey.com/

There are tutorials so on anyways.

I contacted the main site and it said there are no patches or updates,  I recommend try this.

Louis

Topic Starter

Beginner
                            « Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 09:30:49 AM »
                            Ok thanks guys, thinks ill use the WSAD key for the game, i may gey used to it :)

cjdj113

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2008, 01:24:27 AM »
                            can u use the mouse to aim