Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't boot to windows or monitor doesn't work  (Read 5857 times)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Can't boot to windows or monitor doesn't work
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 09:13:51 AM »
What CD are you trying to boot to ? ?

Why is it difficult to try what's been suggested ? ? You keep avoiding this.

We're trying to determine if it IS the motherboard but in order to do so you have to start following instructions...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

cojack

Topic Starter

Beginner
    « Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 11:17:14 AM »
    I've replaced the PSU twice. Checked all the cables several times. Can't boot in the safe mode, nothing on screen. Will try another HDD but will need to boot from XP CD since the HDD is a formatted HDD so I will try to reload XP.  Not sure what you think I'm missing what you are asking me to do? You wanted me to create a bootable CD from the HDD manufacturers website but how will that help If I can't boot from a CD?

The only other thing I can try is to replace the HDD, RAM and PSU from my other EMachines PC that works fine but I really don't want to mess that one up. I've already moved the PSU and RAM from there to the failing PC before with no luck.
    Cojack

cojack

Topic Starter

Beginner
      « Reply #17 on: November 09, 2008, 07:21:52 AM »
      OK, I swapped out my HDD, PSU, all cables (bus or otherwise), and RAM from my PC which is working fine. Still no good. Put everything back in my PC and it works fine again. The only thin left is the MB and Processor. Do I have to get a EMachines MB or any other make that will accept the Athlon processor? Do you think it may be the processor or MB?
      Cojack