Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: SHARP FO-3800M Scanner PLEASE help! working memory  (Read 2903 times)

TraceyE

SHARP FO-3800M Scanner PLEASE help! working memory
« on: April 03, 2005, 01:29:28 PM »
I have got a SHarp Multifunction FO-3800M printer /scanner /fax.

I have had it working fine on an older computer running Win XP.

I have tried to install in on a newer better computer, (still with XP but with 4GB ram instead of 256MB).

It previews the image fine with the scanner, but when i click SCAN to scan the image (using microsoft scanner).  It tells me there is not enough working memory to scan the image.

Can anyone please help?
Thanks

gussery

Re: SHARP FO-3800M Scanner PLEASE help! working me
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 01:39:56 PM »
Just a thought here TraceyE.  (I am not a scanner expert by any means).  But, I believe when a scanning program or scanner is talking about "memory" they are actually referring to space available in the temp folder or virtual memory.

You might want to clear out all the files in your temp folders.  XP uses a temp folder under "Documents and Settings\your user name\local settings\temp" and another under Windows\Temp.  There could even be one at C:\temp.

Other than that you may need to make sure you are using that latest drivers and software for the scanner for XP.

Just a couple of shots in the dark........

Good Luck

TraceyE

Re: SHARP FO-3800M Scanner PLEASE help! working me
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 08:06:56 AM »
Thanks Gary... I tried that... No Luck Im Afraid  :(

My PC has its C: called F: as I had a removable Pen drive in it when I formatted it once.

Do you think it could be this ??? I was assuming not!

Thanks
Tracey