Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem installling Office 2007  (Read 2625 times)

MBP1982

Topic Starter

Problem installling Office 2007
    « on: March 12, 2009, 11:40:01 PM »
    I have Office 2007, both on an official Microsoft retail DVD and as a downloaded file.  At first I could not perform a clean install of it on my Vista laptop, but I installed Office 2003 and then used the DVD to upgrade it, so I then had Office 2003 and Office 2007 side by side.  Just this evening I removed Office 2003.

So I tried to open Outlook 2007 to set up my Hotmail, and I can launch the program but keep getting errors when I go to 'Account Options'.  The error message advised me to restart Outlook and reinstall if the problem persists.

I tried repairing the installation from the DVD, but that resulted in a Microsoft bootstrapper error.  I am now attempting to repair the installation through the Repair option in Add/Remove Programs.

I've looked for help on this issue and have found nothing.  I can probably use Office 2003 but I paid a lot of money for Office 2007 and I'd like to use it.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Problem installling Office 2007
    « Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 10:05:26 AM »
    I have Office 2007, both on an official Microsoft retail DVD and as a downloaded file.  At first I could not perform a clean install of it on my Vista laptop, but I installed Office 2003 and then used the DVD to upgrade it, so I then had Office 2003 and Office 2007 side by side. 
    Then, that was not an upgrade, it was a full installation of Office 2007, along with Office 2003.  A true upgrade would have left you with only Office 2007.

I have Office 2007, both on an official Microsoft retail DVD and as a downloaded file. 
    Why do have Office 2007 from two sources?  Did you buy it twice?  From whom did you buy it (for both DVD and download)?  Did you pay a normal price for it or was this one of those super low priced deals that sometimes appear on the Internet?

MBP1982

Topic Starter

Re: Problem installling Office 2007
      « Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 03:27:34 PM »
      I bought it from my school store - it was a download, and I also opted for a 'backup' disk, of which was Office 2007 'unlicensed'.  It's genuine Microsoft software, as it says so on the packaging and on the disk.

Anyway, I chose to repair the installation through 'Add/Remove Programs' and rebooted, and it is working fine now.