Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: bandwidth sharing to computers in the same network  (Read 2545 times)

tobiewest

Topic Starter

bandwidth sharing to computers in the same network
    « on: March 18, 2009, 03:49:50 AM »
    please how can i share bandwith to computer with the same network. am using 18 computer each i connect to my laptop the net will be fine but if i connect to the switch, the network will be breaking. use use radio, radio to router then router to switch. can some tell me what to do

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: bandwidth sharing to computers in the same network
    « Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 12:15:08 PM »
    Instead of using a switch it's likely you'll need a router with NAT support. Of course this depends on what type of connection / broadband connection you're using.

Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein

tobiewest

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 01:19:37 AM »
      hello, thank for your help. am operating a cyber cafe' what do i use for that?

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Computer Hope
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 02:04:06 AM »
      Assuming the switch does not have NAT you'd need to get a router with NAT, I'd imagine every router out there today has this support (e.g. Linksys router). Once this is at your Cyber Cafe you'd connect you main line to the WAN port, and then the computers and/or switch to the other ports. Setup DNS so the router assigns addresses to each of the computers on the network and you should be good.
      Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
      -Albert Einstein