Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Infected system  (Read 3263 times)

Rudy

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Infected system
    « on: December 21, 2009, 08:05:29 AM »
    Hello,
    I have a serious problem with my system. It has been infected by some kind of trojan (atleast I guess that it is a trojan). Whenever I try to run any kind of program it flashes an error message: "Application cannot be executed. The file ....... is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now?". Besides this, it also shows up two pop-up windows informing me about virus infiltration (these pop-ups are part of the infiltration because I never seen them before) and opens an Internet explorer trying to acces to some random sites.

I tried to Google answer to this problem and I found this forum. I found how the similar problems were solved here, but as it was advised - to make a new topic for each problem - I did it so.

I am using Windows XP with service pack 2 installed and a Avg- free edition antivirus software.
    Any advice will be appreciated.

PS: Sorry if my english is not 100% right:)

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Infected system
    « Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 08:11:50 AM »
    Hi Rudy,

Please follow the information at the link below if possible and post the three logs from the scans. An expert will be along shortly to take over from there.
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html

:)

Rudy

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 08:49:52 AM »
      I tried to install those 3 programs to run scans, but it does not let me to execute the installing file, so i cant install them. I dont know how to get over this problem.

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Dribbling Pensioner
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 04:09:38 PM »
      rename hjt to snipper.exe