Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: LAN Games ( like l4d2 ) Do you know and tested any ?  (Read 5875 times)

3dshay

LAN Games ( like l4d2 ) Do you know and tested any ?
« on: May 09, 2011, 01:50:27 AM »
Hello everyone,

And thanks for reading my thread,

In fact I need to know which games you recommend for LAN, I know there is many posts around, but believe me I tried some and failed to run on LAN, I only succeed to play "left for dead 2", so please if you know any games and already played them on LAN let me know.

Thanks for your support.

anushka256

Greenhorn
    • ABHGRAPHICS
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: LAN Games ( like l4d2 ) Do you know and tested any ?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 02:01:29 AM »
farcry, nfs most wanted, call of duty,call of duty2
ABH

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 12:47:48 AM »
I could name tons. I could sit here all day and name games that play over LAN. Depends on what kind of game you're into (FPS, RTS, RP, etc.) and how many people you want to be able to play at the same time (2? 8? 64?).

Also, what games have you tried that failed to run on LAN? Are you sure you have the correct network protocols installed for whatever games you want to play (most use TCP/IP now, but some older ones used IPX/SPX).

Also make sure whatever games you're trying support LAN play. Many newer games no longer support LAN play for multiplayer, like Portal 2 and Starcraft 2, and can only be played multiplayer online.

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 03:13:44 AM »
LAN games like modern warfare is fun to play, they also have the modern warfare 3, and it is said to release this 2011,  Not a whole lot has been revealed yet but there is a teaser trailer so far and a list of what the game will include.

That comes out in a month and if you go to the official website, there's tons revealed about it.