Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I get a URL address for My photos  (Read 3871 times)

mpkkphotographyvision

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    How do I get a URL address for My photos
    « on: September 19, 2013, 11:09:01 PM »
    I want to work for a Media company but they want me to provide a URL address to view a portfolio.  I am a newbie to this type of thing and I am trying to get work.   do I have to have a web site i need alot of direction here.  Thank you in advance for your time.  Matt

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: How do I get a URL address for My photos
    « Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 12:38:14 AM »
    You could buy private web space. Better yet, find a friend who has a web site and he can provide you with a page on the site.

But lei's say that is not right  for you.  You have media skills, not HTML skills. There are places that let people have free space for artists  to show their stuff.

Facebook
    Flicker       <-- this might be best for you.
    WordPress
    Photo bucket
    ...to name a few. Other:
    Zooomr
    Picasa Web Albums
    Photoshop Express

There are more, just can't remember. And yes, you can use Facebook for photo sharing. Depends on your skill level. But photo bucket is very simple.

Chrisxs5

Hopeful
    • Sup!?
      • Where we learn IT daily!
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: How do I get a URL address for My photos
    « Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 06:32:51 AM »
    My recommendation would be to use wordpress.org

Its free to setup and they have themed templates for photography portfolios, both free and premiums.

Then you could go one step further and purchase a domain name to look even more professional. So you would go from mpkkphotographyvision.wordpress.org to mpkkphotographyvision.com; or whatever you pick that is available. That would cost you$18 buckaroos.
    Check out my blog: http://vitrookie.com

System, Network, Virtualization, Storage, ETC Admin with a bunch of certs and an ego trip!