Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Burning Blu-Ray data disc gives "can't add file" but some files can.  (Read 8454 times)

klxdrt

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    I’m using Blue-Ray discs to archive information from my Laptop along with archiving several 2 TB & 4TB hard drives. Just below is a recap of my equipment, etc as recommended by this forum.

ASUS GAMING LAPTOP RUNNING:
    W10, Ver:1909, OS Build 18363.1500; NVIDEO GEFORCE GTX, 1050 Ti; INTEL, CORE i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30 GHz, 8th gen; HDMI
    512 SSD; 16 MB Ram, 1 TB HD

Main problem I’ve run into:
    Image: [1] Even though image: [2] states: “Cannot add file” however ‘these’ 4 files were written & I did nothing to write them to the Blu-Ray disc. It seems contradictory, please explain the process if possible or did I do something wrong. I just went to Blu-Ray & am in the process of getting some re-writables.

About 20+ yrs ago I burned a lot of CD’s & DVD’s using “packet writing” software from a Batch File & everything worked fine.

I tried several Blu-Ray forums to no avail, ran into some cattiwampus problems.

If you know any WEB sources that will help, just direct me rather than take the time to describe your self.

Regards

klxdrt

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Programs need to be specially written to access files with paths longer than about 260 characters. This program presumably isn't, as those path names are longer than that.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

klxdrt

Topic Starter

Rookie

Do you mean the burning program that I used to bun the files to the blu-ray disc? It was BurnAware free v9.3. Ashampoo burning studio free produced the same problem.

Regards,

klxdrt

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      Do you mean the burning program that I used to bun the files to the blu-ray disc?

Yes.

It was BurnAware free v9.3. Ashampoo burning studio free produced the same problem.

Very little software takes the special steps necessary to access files beyond an older limit.
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

klxdrt

Topic Starter

Rookie

Hi,

I think I know what & why this happened & I may be able to correct it, thanks to you guys.
        I'll get back with the my solution??

Regards,

klxdrt

klxdrt

Topic Starter

Rookie

Hi,

I found out the why's & how's & applied solution, burned a DVD-RW & the burn worked!

Here was the problem: I was archiving special files to 25 GB Blu-Ray discs freeing up space on my laptop.
          1] have lot of important files on the dsktp for quick access to important info & this created the extra long URLS for each file exceeding the limit you guys mentioned.

Regards,

klxdrt

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          Which means BC was correct....nice catch BC.
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "