Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: i have problem with hard disk  (Read 2057 times)

pcsoftstudies

i have problem with hard disk
« on: August 09, 2006, 02:21:37 AM »
Dear Friends.
HELLO TO ALL
I HAVE A HARD DISK OF SEGATE CO.4OGB. FRIST A PERSON MADE MY HARD DISK PARTITIONS. THAT WAS RONG SO I MAKE IT AGAIN PARTITION BY THE FDISK COMMAND BUT IT WAS NOT WORKING. THEN I MADE IT AGAIN NOW HARD DISK DETECTING IN ONLY MY COMPUTERS SETUP. I HAVE DELL 500MHZ. AND PARTITION NOT WORKING AND SCREEN BLANK AND SYSTEM SHOW MY HARD DISK ONLY IN MY COMPUTERS SETUP. PLEASE TEL ME HOW CAN I REPAIR IT. BECAUSE ONLY ITS SHOWN IN BIOS. PLEASE HELP ME TO MAKE ITS PARTITION AGAIN. IT HAVE ALSO BAD SECTORS
WITH TAHNKS
JAMEEL AHMED SIDDIQUI

rais79

Re: i have problem with hard disk
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 02:38:47 AM »
First of all.. did u format ur hard disk after making partition with FDISK Command..

if u din, then it will not show u the partition..

if u have formatted then go further

U din tell wat is the modle no of ur hard disk..

is the hard disk is new or already OS installed???

If not check the hard disk with the hard disk utillity which is available in the following site..

http://www.seagate.com/support/disc

if the report is ok..

then the way u partition is wrong..

update me after checking..

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
    Re: i have problem with hard disk
    « Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 03:05:59 AM »
    Rais i know your trying to help , but would you mind Speaking in English.

The Steps for Setting up a Disk are

1st Partition it, unless you have any plans to do some thing Fancy, just make one Big Partition
    You can either do this in Fdisk By booting off a Floppy and Running Fdisk. and following the Steps to make a primary Partition
    Or you can Do it in Windows Disk manager (if its a Second Disk) Disk manager is in Computer management, which is in Admin tools , in Control Panel
    Control Panel> Admin tools> Computer management> Disk manager

Second Format it
    From the boot Floppy Type "Format <Driver Letter>" If its the one and Only Partition in your Machine it will be C: so Format C:
    From Windows Right Click on the disk and Click Format
    Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice