Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BLUE DEATH SCREEN  (Read 2897 times)

Maksim

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    BLUE DEATH SCREEN
    « on: September 01, 2006, 02:34:35 PM »
    I was answering some questions that were here on computer hope.com and suddenly a blue death screen appears.. I had the problem before but and it says something about the DRIVER_ something.. dont remeber.. It happend after i installed my NEC 5 Prot USB 2.0 PCI Card and installed the drivers from driverguide.com and it started but before i installed the PCi card ieverything was fine.. i keep my card because i havea External HDD and i need fast data transfer.. i do have USB ports on my computer but they are USB 1.0 so its alot slower to copy data.. Please help.. what is going on.. i dont have no viruses or anything.. i scanned with Zone Alarm Security Suite 6.5 dont knoiw if that matters but stil.. Please i need help.. i cant even take a look at a movie..not to mention answering some Questions here..

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: BLUE DEATH SCREEN
      « Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 02:45:13 PM »
      You say it started after installing the PCI card & drivers?  Try booting into safe-mode and uninstalling the software, then remove the hardware.

Does it still Blue Screen?

Alan <><  :D
      I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

Maksim

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        « Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 05:52:01 PM »
        Im Sorry I did not explain my self through.. after the death screen appears i restart my computer from the power button and it works again.. but after 30 mins it shows the death screen again..
        I have Driverguide Tool Kit and i tried updating the driver from the manufacturers website and windows XP says that you already have the newest version installed.. and it closes the wizard..
        « Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 05:53:40 PM by Maksim »

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 06:43:58 PM »
        Un-install the drivers and try re-installing them...this is why Windows won't let you proceed.

patio.   8-)
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Maksim

Topic Starter

Hopeful
          « Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 10:18:58 PM »
          I already tired that.. I even took the PCI card and changed moved to another slot.. and nothing helps.. i uninstalled it and disabled it and nothing..

Maksim

Topic Starter

Hopeful
            « Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 08:23:47 AM »
            OH COME ON GUYS.. I NEED HELP... I THOUGHT THAT THIS WAS THE ONE OF THE BEST FORUMS OUT THERE.. ANSWER MY QUESTION AND WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT IT..

Neil

Expert
            • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
              « Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 10:10:59 AM »
              Try running your computer without the card at all to find out if the card itself is faulty.

What are the error codes on the blue screen? They look like 0x_____

Maksim

Topic Starter

Hopeful
                « Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 10:48:06 AM »
                Try running your computer without the card at all to find out if the card itself is faulty.
                Neil I already did that.. I removed the card.. and it works just fine but as soon as i put the card and start up my computer after 5 mins and the death screen appears.. But i need fast access to my HDD i tried copying 1 GB over a 1.0 USB Speed it took me 20 mins But how come when i put the card on another computer and windows installs the MS Drivers and it works.. just fine.. but when i put it in my computer.. the errors start..  

Neil

Expert
                • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
                  « Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 10:57:29 AM »
                  [highlight]What are the error codes on the blue screen? They look like 0x_____[/highlight]
                  « Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 10:57:57 AM by Neil »

patio

• Genius
                  • Maud' Dib
                    • Yes
                  • Experience: Beginner
                  « Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 12:42:37 PM »
                  OH COME ON GUYS.. I NEED HELP... I THOUGHT THAT THIS WAS THE ONE OF THE BEST FORUMS OUT THERE.. ANSWER MY QUESTION AND WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT IT..

Bad card...

Wrong drivers...

Caps lock stuck...

It's one of these 3.
                  " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Maksim

Topic Starter

Hopeful
                    « Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 01:44:04 PM »
                    Maybe Wrong Drivers.. I doubt it that it is a bad card becuase it works on my other systems but on the HP one.. So is there anyway someone can direct me to a correct driver..
                    Model: NEC 5 Port USB PCI Host Adapter