FREEZIN COMP

Started by Moss84, August 09, 2008, 08:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moss84

hi, i have a 2.8ghz computer with windows home sp2 running! i have recently changed my cd-rw drive to a dvd-rw drive! i have upgraded my RAM from 512mb to 1.5gig and upgraded my graphics card to a 256mb nvidia geforce fx5500! the problem is that my computer freezes everytime i try to run a disk in either of my two dvd drives! any solutions or advice would be greatly appreciated thanx

drmsucks

Try, one at a time: 1) remove the new memory, 2) update the new video card drivers or, try old video card.

Post back and include the data Saviour requested.
If you don't have time to do it right
                ...when will you have time to do it over?

Moss84

thanx for the help but i managed to sort it out! it happened to be a background running process called INCD

drmsucks

Glad that you got it figured out - thanks for posting back.

Good luck!
If you don't have time to do it right
                ...when will you have time to do it over?

patio

IN CD is known to cause issues...
If you don't HAVE to use packet writing for burning i would uninstall it immediately.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Moss84

OK people? now i have sorted the problem with the freezing issue, i now have a problem with my computer rebooting for no apparent reason! i put the problem down to overheating since it happens when i've been on it for a while! i have tried a 12" desk fan pointing towards my motherboard but the problem persists! now when my computer reboots it does a check on my hard disk to test for consistency! do think its time for a new hard drive? thanx

Moss84

ok! i sorted the problem! it happened to be my old memory module! it must have been defective, so i have removed it and problem solved! it's all thanks to fix-it utilities for identifying the problem!