quickest way to wipe?

Started by kamikaze33, June 15, 2010, 10:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamikaze33

im building an arcade, and have just procured a laptop from a buddy. its loaded full of crap, and i dont have the bootdiscs. i dont care literally about anything on it, i want this thing to run absolute bare essentials so i can just boot my emulators and be done with it. whats the easiest way to wipe all this without going through step by step and manually deleting everything (which i know ill miss some stuff)
its a toshiba satelite, old as balls, running xp.

patio

When you boot to the XP CD ti install simply delete the existing partition and then re-create it...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

T.C.

Quote from: Kamikazeits loaded full of crap, and i dont have the bootdiscs

Some details such as model number would help.  In the absence of bootdisks (XP install disk?) is there a recovery partition on the hard disk which would do a reinstall back to ex-factory conditions?

Various user manuals are listed here.

kamikaze33

model is: toshiba satelite 1400
no. ps140c-03d07p

i went digging around the house and found boot discs for other computers, among them some MDG ones for an xp media center edition. could i use that on the toshiba to wipe it?

patio

Any bootable CD will do a wipe...but why would you not simply use the OS CD that you are using to install ? ?
I'm confused here...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Computer_Commando

Quote from: kamikaze33 on June 17, 2010, 02:53:38 PM
model is: toshiba satelite 1400
no. ps140c-03d07p
i went digging around the house and found boot discs for other computers, among them some MDG ones for an xp media center edition. could i use that on the toshiba to wipe it?
You will need the Toshiba driver disks to be successful after the "wipe", when you attempt to do the install.
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp

mr932

Rude comment deleted by Allan

kpac

You won't last long here with a comment like that.

joolifinaa

The quickest and easiest way is to firstly format your hard drive, and then you need to install the operating system again. Then it will be in top condition for selling since it will run much faster. Hope this helps

Allan

Quote from: joolifinaa on June 30, 2010, 02:49:33 AM
The quickest and easiest way is to firstly format your hard drive, and then you need to install the operating system again. Then it will be in top condition for selling since it will run much faster. Hope this helps
What is the purpose of your posts?