Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Insert object on Print Screen  (Read 4684 times)

group014

Topic Starter

Starter

Insert object on Print Screen
    « on: September 13, 2009, 06:40:30 PM »
    I clicked print screen and want to insert a Word Auto shape (callout) to direct attention to a place on the screen catched with the Print screen button. I place teh callout over the image but in order not to move from its place I must integrate it into the image. How do I do it?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Insert object on Print Screen
    « Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 07:26:13 PM »
    I saved the image in paint, put it in a word document, did a call out and drug it over the image and then made another screen short.

Is that it?

group014

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 02:45:14 PM »
      thnaks. It seems very logical but I must confess I am an encyclopedic ignorant. Hw do yo save in paint? Sorry, but I am so ignorant I need a 1,2,3

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      « Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 07:52:57 PM »
      Ok. You get things on the screen in the position you want. Hit the key that says
      Print
      Screen

The MS Paint program is a simple image editor. It is located int he accessories in Windows XP. (I keep it on my start menu.)

Open the the paint program.  Next and click on edit and select paste.It will automatically adjust the work area and have the whole picture. (Later in Word you can re size it.). Next save the image as a GIF somewhere in My Documents, or where you like. That can be pulled into word. Then in word you can make a balloon or call out and put text in it. The when you get it like you want it, ask for a print preview. Then again hit the print screen and open paint again and past the new modified image.Save it with a new name it you do not want to overwrite you first image.

There are some tools you can to make this much more sophisticated, but I will refrain. I seldom use them myself. I think your way is easy and effective. I never thought of use Word to put call out boxes over a screen shot. Thanks for the idea.

Ms Paint does not take much memory, so you could just leave in loaded and minimize it to the task bar and pop it back up when you want to paste a new print sateen image.

The GIF format is maybe the best choice for screen shots.

group014

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 05:46:01 AM »
        Thank you for the detailed instructions. What I had done was to print screen on word document; place the callout; print screen again on word and that would integrate the callout unto the screen picture. The only thing I did not like is that Print Screen does not seem to be an exact duplicate but a picture of the screen, something similar to a photocopy and, as all copies, quality is lost. If you use it twice you are making a copy of the copy. What I was trying to prevent was using print screen twice. what I really need is to embed the callout on the original print screen picture. If my impression that it is a photocopy of a photocopy is correct, then the situation worsens when I use a snag tool to select part of the image with the callout in order not to use the whole screen on my fianl workarea. That becomes a third generation copy! But mayber my problem was in using Word instead of Paint in the first place. I'lll try it the same procedure with Paint to see if the third generation does not lose quality. I'll let you know.
        Is there any way, after doing the original print screen, to embed the callout and save the image combination on a single fix image without resorting to print screen again?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        « Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 12:02:53 PM »
        Put your screen in high resolution, high quality color. Save the images s either BMP ot GIF, but not JPG.Here is high quality image os what I am writing to you now with my desktop in the background. Notices the clear crisp lines of the 256 color GIF image.