What did he do to my computer?

Started by Joeac, November 21, 2009, 09:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joeac

I sent my computer into the shop to see if they could fix the blue screen errors I've been having (NRQL no less or equal) and he said that he'd fix it.

He called back later and says that he'll do a tune-up. He said that's where he'll make it run faster and also put a virus protector on it.

So I get it back and I hook it up. The first 3 times I try to turn it on it beeps a bunch. Then the 4th time it turns on fine. But now it's going REALLY!!!! (well compared to when I first gave it to him) slow. He put AVG-free 9.0 and Anti-malware software.

I found out that I only get the blue screens when I plug in my "Wifi-Max" adapter. So I still get the blue screens. And now my computer is really slow. So I payed 95$ for him to slow my computer down.... wow. I could have got both of those programs myself. They were free..... I'm pissed!

So I guess what I'm asking is, How do I bring it back up to full speed again?
And the second question is, Is there a way to be able to use my wifi max adapter without getting those blue screens?

Broni

Bring it back to the shop, or get your money back.

Quantos

Joeac, Broni is right.  It's up to the shop to make things right for you.  Take it back and get them to fix it, or complain and get a refund.

However let us know how it turns out.  If they won't give you any satisfaction we would be more than happy to help you sort out the problem, but we don't want to see you pay for something that you don't get.
Evil is an exact science.

trustnoone

Yeah I would say bring it back!!
and I could be completely wrong but the blue screens might just mean you need to reinstall or update/get a better driver for your "wi-fi max" although the no less or equal I've been told is due to memory (probably wrong here).

cintari

$95? you got screwed. Geek squad checks you pc over for a bout 70$

patio

Quote from: cintari on November 23, 2009, 02:40:39 PM
$95? you got screwed. Geek squad checks you pc over for a bout 70$

You have just lost all credibility you had recommending Geek Squad for anything...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

cintari

Quote from: patio on November 23, 2009, 03:06:50 PM
You have just lost all credibility you had recommending Geek Squad for anything...

right........so what your saying is that every Geek Squad is completely unreliable? Just like every private pc repair shop has people like the man mentioned here. Maybe my experiences with Geek Squad were uncommon, but they have helped me through alot of problems in the past

patio

" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

cintari

ok then. who do you suggest for novice pc users to take their computer to when it breaks down?

Geek-9pm

Quote from: cintari on November 23, 2009, 05:04:13 PM
ok then. who do you suggest for novice pc users to take their computer to when it breaks down?
When you buy a new computer get an extended factory warranty.
(The factory has a affiliate that does warranty service.)
Use a good ab ti-virus program .
Learn how to make data backups  to DVD.
Do that and you will never have to take your PC to a shop, except the factory authorized warranty company, which may have a technician in your area.

The point is that you can not depend on independent PC shops. They are like the showers in cheap hotels. Either too hot or too cold.

Quantos

Quote from: cintari on November 23, 2009, 05:04:13 PM

Umm, this might be totally out of line, and I understand if a moderator jumps on me for this.

I kind of expect them to come to us, this is what we do.
Evil is an exact science.