Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 1920x1080 res extend outside TV screen  (Read 3525 times)

Rebo00 aka Spank

Topic Starter

Beginner

1920x1080 res extend outside TV screen
    « on: March 05, 2010, 11:10:31 AM »
    Hi,

Not sure if this is TV related or PC at the moment.

I have a GTX295 that can run the resolution fine. A samsung 50" 1080i HD t.v.

PC goes from the GTX295 via HDMI cable to the TV and will display the 1920x1080 resolution when it display it about an inch of the actual desktop is past the t.v screen's edges.

Tried all sorts of settings on the Samsung menu and on the NVIDIA Control Panel but it still won't display it correctly.

If the t.v doesnt support the resolution, the screen goes blank and it says "mode not supported".

Any ideas why it won't fit or how i can get it to fit?

Currently running on 720p over VGA as thats the best resolution i can get, HDMI won't even show that as a resolution without forcing it.

Andy

truenorth

Guru

Re: 1920x1080 res extend outside TV screen
      « Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 11:41:14 AM »
      A suggestion--is it possible (and i don't know) that changing your input cable type might give you different options than what the HDMI cable is needing to function? I am doing this also  via an HDMI/Computer but i am not using an HDMI cable connection.truenorth

Rebo00 aka Spank

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 11:45:36 AM »
        Thanks for the reply truenorth, not sure what you mean though :).

When plugged in with VGA (like at the moment) i select the Input as PC.
        When plugged in with HDMI i select the input to HDMI.

I don't see how you're doing HDMI to the computer without a HDMI cables, its sort of impossible lol. Unless you're using a DVI (digital) cable, they can output way beyond HDMI resolutions.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 08:12:38 AM »
          OK this is not going to be a clear as i would have prefered but this is what i have and how it is connected.
            There is a PCI card in my Dell XPS that has 3 output connections. These connections look like miniature coax cable connections.However at the other end (the HDMI TV)  they are red/yellow/white RCA male plugs that are plugged into the video RCA input and the right left audio input of the TV.
            When i go through the "input" options choices on the menu of the TV i select HDMI to receive the signal from the computer. I wish i could tell you exactly what the type of PCI card it is and what the cable is called. Maybe someone else (or yourself) will know from my description what it is i have. If i can be of any further help please ask.truenorth

Rebo00 aka Spank

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 09:01:34 AM »
            Thanks for the reply truenorth. Although I'm not sure what gfx card that is it sounds like it is using S-compent, more commonly used on the xbox360 before it was given a HDMI connected. It does display 1080i bu lt sadly that doesn't help me. Only DVI and HDMI socket on the GTX295.

Cheers anyway for the suggestion.