Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Nero 12 Platinum Messed Up Thumbnail Registry  (Read 3315 times)

tboy34

Nero 12 Platinum Messed Up Thumbnail Registry
« on: October 22, 2012, 08:05:22 PM »
I'm not sure how to explain this. I hope I'm going about it correctly. I've used Nero for years now. Never had an issue until now. I'm running Windows 7 OS. I upgraded to Nero 12 Premium from Nero 11. I noticed that my Movie Files are very different. Some are showing a preview of the video, others are showing a generic icon like it's not associated with anything. I went into the association options and tried to change them back, yet when I chose the Nero option. I get the same generic thumbnail. I have since emailed Nero with all the info, yet I'm not very confident about them helping. I'm wondering if anyone here has any thoughts on how to solve this. I know it's the registry but Not too sure how to go about it, without whiping out my computer. I found a page that seems to list this same issue, Not sure if it's good or not. I'm attaching a picture and a note page page of the code.

http://digitalmediaphile.com/index.php/tips-tricks-how-tos/nero-7-vista-and-where-did-the-thumbnails-go-registry-fix/

[year+ old attachment deleted by admin]