Hp MediaSmart Webcam

Started by MP1975, May 24, 2013, 11:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MP1975

Hello all !

Is there any way of editing the files created using the Hp MediaSmart webcam ?

The files are huge and taking up to much space on my hard drive. I want to  edit them and make a disk of just the
scenes we want to keep for my daughter. Her kitten has some very funny moments but 99% of it is useless lol.

Thanks in advance,
MP.
Dream untill your dreams come true.

Calum

Are these video files, or still images?  What format are they?  What exactly do you want to do, just make the files smaller and retain them, or if they're video files do you want to cut them down to save, say, 10 minutes from an hour video, something like that?
It's certainly possible, the answer will just depend on what exactly you have and what you want to do.

MP1975

Exactly I want to cut lets say an hours worth of VIDEO (WMV File type) down to a few minutes.

Calum

Have a look at this thread - some useful links there.
I've used Windows Movie Maker in the past for this, although it's quite basic it does get the job done.  However, in this situation it might not be ideal because, if I remember right, it will re-encode the file, which will not only take a while but may leave you with a file no smaller than the original, just shorter.  asfbin, mentioned on that thread along with Cut Assistant which is an interface for asfbin, should do the job though.
Free Video Dub is another handy program which should also get the job done, in fact that would probably be my first choice - I haven't used it myself but it looks nice and simple, and doesn't re-encode edited files once trimmed, so pretty much ideal!

MP1975

Cannot thank you enough.

Getting on it now.

Calum

No problem at all, hope it helps :) let us know how you get on, I'll add them to my list of useful software if they do work as intended.

MP1975

Should work like a champ and a no brainer to use !!!

Again TYVM....