Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unsolvable problem.  (Read 5512 times)

Lisa_maree

Mentor
  • My first real computer
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Unsolvable problem.
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2016, 12:32:06 PM »
So the chip set heat sink is it getting warm ?

If it is not getting warm is the chip, testing from the back of the board getting really hot ?

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
― John Bunyan

Horizon

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #16 on: January 31, 2016, 02:01:58 PM »
    So the chip set heat sink is it getting warm ?

If it is not getting warm is the chip, testing from the back of the board getting really hot ?

Actually I did remember a chipset heatsink getting detached and re-attached, it was like you'd unstick something that was glued, like duct tape, and put it back on. It got moved to the side when I touched it too hard I think, that a problem?

http://imgur.com/NjOzdmj heres the heatsink that moved, and how it moved

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #17 on: January 31, 2016, 07:35:42 PM »
    So let's summarize...

Bobby pin PSU test done...

Mboard fired up with power while on metal case...

Chipset heatsink dislodged...

I'm outta suggestions.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    « Reply #18 on: January 31, 2016, 09:08:04 PM »
    I was more interested in the heatsink next to the sata ports, silver label with asus. It's also possible the mosfets under the heatsink you moved  are getting hot and causing problems. Confirm that the heatsink is still working by comparing the feel of temperature between the other heatsink between the cpu and connectors and the one you moved .

But as you won't do  things that are being asked to confirm or disprove an idea this will go on for weeks.
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

Horizon

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2016, 04:14:24 AM »
      I was more interested in the heatsink next to the sata ports, silver label with asus. It's also possible the mosfets under the heatsink you moved  are getting hot and causing problems. Confirm that the heatsink is still working by comparing the feel of temperature between the other heatsink between the cpu and connectors and the one you moved .

But as you won't do  things that are being asked to confirm or disprove an idea this will go on for weeks.

Actualy, I took the wrong photo. The bigger one moved. I touched both of heatsinks you mentioned and they both fell the same. Though the one near the CPU felt colder, but it HAS To be because there is a huge fan running 0.5cm away from it, or it was the fans created cold air that made it seem like it's a little colder.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
      • My first real computer
        • Yes
      « Reply #20 on: February 01, 2016, 05:27:01 PM »
      So third time lucky, If you don't get what I'm suggesting could be the problem I will have to leave you to someone else.

OK the Large heat sink with Asus label by the SATA ports does that get warm ?

When you touch the rear of the board at that position is it hotter that the heat sink or really hot?

If the heat sink is cold and the rear of the board is really hot then the heat sink isn't doing it's job. Hence why you are having these problems. It is likely that if you have been using the computer in the above condition you will have wreaked the motherboard.   
      ― John Bunyan

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #21 on: February 01, 2016, 05:51:45 PM »
      On eBay...

About $250 more or less.

So the problem can be solved with money.  ::)

Horizon

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2016, 02:12:23 PM »
        Thank you to everyone who tried to help, but it turns out it was a corrupt Nvidia driver. Another guy from different forums helped me out on fixing this, thanks again for trying and helping :)