Losing my photos

Started by Hennessy, December 17, 2017, 08:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hennessy

Greetings.
I had numerous photos on my PC and decided to move them to a flash drive. Transfer took a while but it got done. I am now having difficulty viewing my photos. A lot seems to have disappeared or unable to be viewed. Prior to the transfer, all were well. Now, when trying to view the photo, I get a notification stating that "we cant open this file". I move a few back to the pc, and I am still unable to view the photos that I could have before the transfer. Any idea how this could be corrected. Thanking you in advance, Hennessy. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Ajfer03

How many photos were transferred?  (File Size) Also, how long have you had the flash drive and what is the brand? For me flash drives last about 3 years and I start having problems, but I usually lose them before then. I don't know of any way to recover the missing ones but you could try and open the file on another computer. It's always a good thing to make sure the transfer completed successfully before deleting files off of your pc. Maybe check the recycle bin? Hope everything works out!
"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." -Wayne Gretzky

patio

Are these photo's from a phone perhaps ? ?
If so have you tried usin the phone's software to view/open them ? ?
What file extension is listed on them ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Mark.

to get you started on the recovery path if you can't find those photos elsewhere, you could try a program called Recuva to scan the PC with and one called PhotoRec to scan the USB stick with.