Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: restore or reformat or Any suggestion..??  (Read 2216 times)

Jejari

restore or reformat or Any suggestion..??
« on: September 08, 2004, 12:03:09 AM »
Ok....dis is problem,my brother-in-law screwed our pc reasons are :
1. it unable scandisk anymore
2. i used norton utility to fix but it gave same results( it won't scandisk)
3. some weird process running found wen i use d ctrl+alt+del keys, and it keeps on appearing after pressing 'end task'.
4. our pc always pauses or freeze for a few seconds.
5.i've used alot of softwares to remove and tweaking it but still have that pausing thing.
6. i manage to remove few unknown process but some i can't especially a process known as "07hrxxcli"( xx- i can't remember that digits) and PTsnoop(wats this sound like a snooping application).
7. i am sure our pc already been hijacked,infected with virus and probably hacked.
8. default home is gone is replaced with mysearch.com but deleted it from regedit(i was tired and really pissed off dats why i deleted it from there and without backing it up so i might have screwd up sumting)

ok....to make it simple those vote "restore" just reply me back saying "restore" and same goes to "refomat" but those with better suggestion,advice or tip pls reply in detail.      

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: restore or reformat or Any suggestion..??
    « Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 12:28:32 AM »
    Jejari......DO NOT use system restore or you'll have a real mess on your hands......You will have to get rid of the highjacker and whatever else is infecting your pc....I suggest you read about spyware and viruses .....read this...... http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=14;action=display;num=1089181015

let us know how you make out.

dl65  ???
    « Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 12:33:11 AM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.