Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: display help!!!  (Read 5574 times)

failurexdesign

display help!!!
« on: July 05, 2006, 08:13:59 PM »
ok. i have win 98 and i was running out of disk space so i add removed programs/files and i think i accidently removed something i shouldnt have. now i can only choose 16 color display. it looks really crappy and pixelized. before i think i jad 256 colors. what do i need to install? display driver or something idk. someone please help me out. thanks.

GX1_Man

Re: display help!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 08:17:41 PM »
You will need to post the make/model of your computer or graphics card.

XeroOfTime

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 04:56:11 PM »
Well in my opinion ur removed your graphics card drivers thats why u can only choose 16 color display.Install again ur graphics drivers and it may be fixed.Hope that helps.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 05:41:27 PM »
Then check ur dictionary for spelling.

XeroOfTime

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 02:46:04 AM »
Well sorry man i was trying to help...

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 07:04:05 AM »
Your idea was appropriate. It's the u and ur that got me.  ;)

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
    « Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 05:35:27 AM »
    Theres a Tendency on forums like this that people don't like short hand or "txt spk" as there is no need for it. its not a rapidly moving chat room and nor is it a an awkward phone , and my Spelling sucks and i had some Criticism so now i have the Blessing of the IE7 Spell Checker on every post  
    Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 05:50:54 AM »
    Very nice and we all appreciate it.  ;)

ncrestuk1

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 12:29:45 PM »
    I'm new to this and I'm pretty much computer stupid. I'm having the same problem. I can't figure out how to load my video driver. Its a 3dfx voodoo3. I downloaded the driver from gateway but its not installing. Running windows98.  :'(

GX1_Man

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 04:00:39 PM »
    Is it a Gateway card? Drivers are hard to find. If it is not, you may want to check www.driverguide.com Registration is free.

You may want to run Everest Home to get the EXACT model of the card for driver hunting.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

How to load depends on what the files are in the downloaded .zip file. Unzip them and let us know. You need to uninstall the urrent drivers first and reboot the machine before installing.
    « Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 04:01:37 PM by GX1_Man »

ncrestuk1

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 05:29:50 PM »
    Thank you so much. I've got it all straightened. All I had to do was remove the generic driver and it recognized the correct one. I appreciate th help!

GX1_Man

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 05:45:52 PM »
    Glad you are all fixed up.  ;)