Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Strange Error  (Read 1813 times)

Sousuke

Strange Error
« on: January 22, 2008, 02:14:26 PM »
Reccently cleaned up my computer but when i tried to un-instal/re-install windows both my cd drives were missing from list. When i tried re-installing the drives i got and error saying the drivers were missing or corrupted. So i tried downloading the needed drivers for my CD Rom and CD RW drives. The site i got the drivers from is driverguide.com when i tried using on of  the drivers it seemed to work so i checked the list on my computer and it still does not appear. I go "Add Hardware" it searches for about 3 secods then causes my computer to crash everytime i try to add hardware. So im not quite sure what exactly is going on. ???

macdad-

Expert

Re: Strange Error
    « Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 02:26:24 PM »
    you may have gotten a driver that was closely identical to the driver for your CD drive but it may have been a driver to another CD drive of the same brand but different model. try and call the manufacture of ur CD drive and see if they can send u the correct drivers.
    If you dont know DOS, you dont know Windows...

Thats why Bill Gates created the Windows NT Family.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Strange Error
    « Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 07:38:14 PM »
    What version of Windows is this ? ?
    If it's anything later than WinME you don't need drivers...
    Are the CDRom drives being detected in the BIOS ? ?
    If not re-check your cable connections.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "