Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: virtual drive  (Read 2474 times)

gunner

virtual drive
« on: August 28, 2009, 04:28:23 AM »
i am trying to play some games i have downloaded from games.co.uk but when i click on the game it is saying please put in the correct cd but i dont have a cd i downloaded it from games.
so i asked games. and they said somthing about virtual drive how do i go into my comp to see if i have virtual drive and how do i disable this drive to play the games.
can anybody help please caz.

smeezekitty

Re: virtual drive
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 06:06:14 PM »
do not pirate games
the reason they dont work is because the pirate protection does
quit pirateing games

mroilfield

Mentor
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 01:07:34 AM »
Smeezekitty,

You need to do some research before you let your fingers start typing. Games.co.uk is a legit site that you can play games for free on (kind of like playing games on yahoo or pogo). They also offer games that you can buy. If you buy the game they will either ship it to you on cd/dvd or you can download it and they will email you the registration key. There are a lot of online stores that now offer a down loadable version of any games that you legitimately buy.

Keep in mind that not all downloaded games are pirated games.

Gunner,

I believe you will need to set up a virtual drive to run your games. This will trick the computer into thinking that you have the cd in the actual cd drive. Now I am not familiar enough with setting one up to advise you on it however there are others on here that I am sure will be willing to help you with this.
You can't fix Stupid!!!

Mulreay

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 04:39:21 AM »
Just to follow on from mroilfield I do have experience with virtual drives.
Download http://www.daemon-tools.cc/eng/downloads

Then you need to create a virtual drive. Once created you will have to mount the image. So access the new drive and search for the file that the game is in e.g ISO image.
Once mounted the computer will believe the CD is in the drive.
That was the basic lesson on how to do it, if you need more comprehensive help then let me know.  :D