Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Intalling a newer version of epson printer  (Read 2476 times)

roddy112

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Intalling a newer version of epson printer
    « on: March 06, 2012, 06:29:57 PM »
     >:(I'm trying to install a newer epson printer.Had an old one.I used 3 different uninstallers for old epson.Tried removing old printer in program files,program data,and app data.Did it.Now Epson comes up with a screen saying"An earlier version of Epson Photo Print is already installed.If you want to continue installing printer close Epson Photo Print,Control panel and windows Explorer.How do I close Explorer?I've been at it for 10 and 1/2 Hours.Very Frustrating!!!!!.Also tried re ~installing  New Epson 4 times,and than Screen comes up.11 minutes to finish,Can any one help with this?????Would be Muchly Appreciated.

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Intalling a newer version of epson printer
    « Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 11:06:46 PM »
    Wow... I see you have got yourself into a sort of mess here:
    First I would suggest using http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner to fix the orphaned registry entries that you have created by manually deleting the old Epson Print software. The installer is detecting these registry entries, thus claiming you already have "an earlier version of Epson Photo Print."

Also, close all Explorer windows-they may be accessing files the installer needs to proceed with.
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none