Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My PC turns off by its own!!  (Read 4419 times)

IonelR

My PC turns off by its own!!
« on: August 19, 2004, 07:51:55 PM »
Hi everyone. The reason for my post is because I can't seem to find any solution for my problem, I've tried everything.

Everytime I turn on my computer after some time (like 12 hours), the computer shut down by its own after 3 - 7 minutes. Then I restart the computer, and the problem doesnt appear again. The first thing  to turn off is the hard disk, and while the hard disk is off, the monitor and the CPU are still on, with the "Windows is shutting down" screen on the monitor, this takes about 15 seconds.

My OS is Windows 98, 256 RAM, 40GB hard disk (only a year old), 500 MHz AMD K6 processor with a brand new cooling fan,  my "Power Management" options are to never turn off anything, I have disabled both power profiles at the startup in the Configuration Utility (hopping that is the cause...) and  I have performed a lot of virus scans!. No problems with all the data cables that connect the disks to the mother board. No conflicts detecting all the hardware connected to the PC.

Thanks for your time, any help would be apreciated.

merlin_2

Re: My PC turns off by its own!!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 02:47:25 PM »
is the power supply unit up to it?...check all the bios settings?or is the switch on the front panel faulty..just suggestions...

Rudi LM

Re: My PC turns off by its own!!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2004, 07:03:50 PM »
I had a look alike problem on a Packard Bell pc.
The mother board commands the power supply to switch ON or OFF.
I replaced the power supply and the problem was resolved !

Hope this helps.