Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mouse not working (I guess is not getting detected  (Read 4332 times)

percer

Mouse not working (I guess is not getting detected
« on: August 21, 2004, 12:00:05 AM »
Hi, I got a problem with my mouse. I got a new motherboard (it is a ASUS P4V8X-X) recently cause my old one broke down.
Right now when I start my computer, I see a line saying something not detected (Don't know what that thing not detected is) and when windows starts my keyboard is working, but the mouse won't work at all. My mouse is an IntelliMouse 1.1A Serial Compatible. I'm sure that it is plugged in completely, but is just not seem to work.

Can anyone please help me with this problem ASAP?
Thank you very much!

merlin_2

gaball

Re: Mouse not working (I guess is not getting dete
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2004, 10:37:12 AM »
Using serial port?

Maybe a pin bented/broke losing connection?

Just a thought...

MalikTous

Re: Mouse not working (I guess is not getting dete
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2004, 06:04:14 AM »
Is the mouse serial port enabled in BIOS?

Are the pins in the serial mouse plug straight?

Try connecting a PS2 mouse or PS2 adaptor for serial mice to your existing mouse, and enabling the PS2/IRQ12 mouse port in BIOS.

If you have an adaptor for that mouse to a USB port, or another USB mouse, try disabling the IRQ12 function in BIOS and enabling the USB Legacy function with the USB mouse connected. If that works, the PS2 mouse connector or serial port on the MB might be bad.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2004, 06:07:32 AM by MalikTous »