Typing/Word Processing Problem

Started by gnoobl, March 01, 2005, 08:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnoobl

Hi,

I recently bought a secondhand laptop from a friend and am currently running windows Xp. When typing in a program such as Microsoft Word the cursor moves throughout the page -  meaning I am constantly typing letters/words into areas that I have already finished. It quite often deletes previously typed information and sometimes jumps into other opened windows/programs, which is very frustrating.

I also have the same problem when typing in other programs and using the internet to type into cells, URL's or search terms.

I am new to XP (always used Windows 98) so if anyone can enlighten me on why this keeps occuring it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

gussery

Sounds like you are inadvertantly moving the mouse by brushing against the touchpad.  At least that is where I would start, assuming it has a touchpad.  You may also want to test disabling the touchpad and using a regular mouse to see if the problem goes away.

Flame

You are IN LUCK! I had this problem, and know howto fix it! What is happening, is that one of your drivers for your touchpad are missing or corrupted... What I want you to do is this... Look for the recovery CDs that your computer manufacturer supplied you with, and tell me the names or lables on each of them... I will then tell you with CD to use...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

merlin_2

control panel ..........mouse/pointer settings??

gnoobl

Thankyou for the replies.

Unfortunately I do not have any recovery cd's and my friend is not sure where they are. If you know of any other way around it I am open to suggestions.

Thanks.

Flame

Contact your computer manufacturer for new recovery CDs, or for the driver(s)...

[glb]Flame[/glb]