Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows or game error?  (Read 6236 times)

Linkorn-x

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Windows or game error?
    « Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 09:45:30 PM »
    When i installed the patch it showed me a log of al the files the patched overwrites and thats where i saw the error,i dont have any anti-virus software.

EEVIAC

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 10:51:10 PM »
    Here's a few more things you can try...

Reinstall your graphics card driver....  Right click on the "my  computer" click "properties", click the "hardware" tab, select "device manager"   Click on the     
    "+" sign next to "display adapters", right click on the NVIDIA card in the sub menu, click on "uninstall", restart the computer and let Windows Reinstall the driver for your graphics card....  If that doesn't make the game work, update the driver to the latest version, go to the NVIDIA web site if you must..

If that doesn't work, download and install the latest Windows XP service Pack, if you don't already have it installed...(service pack 3)

If that doesn't work, try the following:

Insert your Windows XP installation Cd, click on "START", open a "RUN" command, type:   sfc /scannow      click OK, let it run to check for corrupt/missing windows files......    If it finds and repairs some any files....Try running the game again

If that doesn't work, try this:

Right click on the icon that you use to start the game...  Select the compatibility tab, check the box that lets you run the game in a mode for a different Operating System, select Windows 2000, click "apply" and "ok", Exit out and take the game for another run.......If it doesn't work, try using the Windows 98 mode...

« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 11:33:35 PM by EEVIAC »

Linkorn-x

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2009, 04:09:48 AM »
      Ok thanx i wil try that,but just to know,is there any patches or mods that i can get to match my operating system or fix missing files or replace them?

Linkorn-x

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2009, 05:58:52 AM »
        Is their a possibility that a crack wil fix the problem?

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #19 on: October 14, 2009, 07:09:39 AM »
        Is their a possibility that a crack wil fix the problem?

From the Forum Rules:

If you need or lost your CD-KEY or other authentication key for a software program or game you’ll need to contact the developer of that program. We will not provide you or link you to where you can find a new one.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Linkorn-x

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 08:15:11 AM »
          Ok thanx patio,i did not ask for links ect,i asked for advice and help,if so i wil find the necessary files ect on my own,just asked advice.thanx for your help.

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 08:28:37 AM »
          No problem.
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Linkorn-x

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2009, 02:08:00 PM »
            I got the game runing,i like to thank eeviac for your help,i highly apreciate it and thank the site.thanx so much.

Linkorn-x

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2009, 12:59:23 AM »
              Im sorry to say that the game started the problem again,after i chose windows 98/me the game started,but when i exit the game and reenterd,the problem started again,the same with windows 2000 and 95,why does it happen?can somebody help?

EEVIAC

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2009, 01:30:05 AM »
              hmmm..         Did you try the other things, besides compatibility modes?

Try running the game itself in a lower resolution... If there are resolution options available before starting the game, try a lower res..   If there are none, try running your monitor in a lower resolution..

If that doesn't work, power down the computer, open it up and disconnect the power from the CD/DVD drive...  Power on the computer again and try the game...  I'm wondering if reserving some power for the graphics card will help..   If this does work then your current power supply simply isn't putting out enough juice..

Linkorn-x

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2009, 01:39:24 AM »
                I wil try that but it doesent make any sence,i run games wich are much much lager than kotor2 but they run fine,so i dont understand why a game this low,compared to the games i run dont work.

EEVIAC

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2009, 01:48:17 AM »

Did you try the other things, besides compatibility modes?

Linkorn-x

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2009, 02:16:49 AM »
                  No not yet,can you tel me how i can change my ghrapics card so that it can give more juice for the game?

EEVIAC

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2009, 02:28:18 AM »

No not yet

Reinstall your graphics card driver....  Right click on the "my  computer" click "properties", click the "hardware" tab, select "device manager"   Click on the     
                  "+" sign next to "display adapters", right click on the NVIDIA card in the sub menu, click on "uninstall", restart the computer and let Windows Reinstall the driver for your graphics card....  If that doesn't make the game work, update the driver to the latest version, go to the NVIDIA web site if you must..

can you tel me how i can change my ghrapics card so that it can give more juice for the game?

I don't know what you mean by this...

Linkorn-x

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2009, 04:34:40 AM »
                    I just visited obsidian's site and from what i see theres alot of people with the same exact problem that i have,so i dont think its possible to fix the problem.